ADBTI Clinical Psychology Registrar Program
Based on our experience supporting placement students, new graduates, and early-career practitioners, the Australian DBT Institute and Essentia Health Clinics have developed a comprehensive Clinical Psychology Registrar Program. The program, delivered as part of an independent practitioner contract agreement with the Australian DBT Institute, has been designed to meet the requirements of the AHPRA registrar program as well as Dialectical Behaviour Therapy practitioner credentialing.
This comprehensive development program supports successful applicants to specialise, during year two, in one of the following areas:
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy to treat individuals with under-control difficulties (Borderline Personality Disorder, Binge-purge Eating Disorders, Conduct Disorders, Bipolar Disorders)
- Radically-Open DBT to treat individuals with over-control difficulties (Anorexia Nervosa, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Paranoid Personality Disorder, Avoidant Personality Disorder, Schizoid and Schizotypal Personality Disorder, Treatment-Resistant Anxiety & Autism Spectrum Disorders)
- Trauma-Informed Practice (General Psychological Practice, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Complex-PTSD)
- Schema Therapy (Chronic Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder, Anxiety Disorders, Eating Disorders)
As part of the program, you will receive:
- Introductory training in the assessment and diagnosis of over-control and under-control presentations and their related concerns,
- Intensive training in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Trauma-Informed Approaches, and Stabilisation Based Therapy (SBT) Approaches,
- Weekly individual supervision with a board-approved supervisor,
- Participation in monthly group supervision with national and international leaders in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Trauma-Informed Approaches, Schema Therapy, Radically Open Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (RO-DBT), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Stabilisation Based Therapy (SBT) Approaches.
- Participation in monthly ‘Clinical Masterclass’ sessions,
- Participation in monthly case reviews,
- Support in successfully attaining the formal practice competencies aimed to ensure your competence in the treatment of a range of mental health presentations.
Successful completion of the program will result in Clinical Endorsement with AHPRA, eligibility for formal recognition as a Credentialed DBT Practitioner, competency in a range of treatments, and a job opportunity with the Australian DBT Institute and Essentia Health clinics.
Other benefits include
- A generous remuneration agreement
- Flexible hours
- Access to Australian DBT Institute resources and training
- Access to Essentia Health Clinic rooms in Melbourne, Sydney, and Gold Coast
- Access to Ph.D. Supervisors and Australian DBT Institute research projects
- Full administrative support, and
- Working within an experienced, passionate, and supportive multidisciplinary team
• Eligible for general registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA by July 1st
• Eligible for an unrestricted Medicare provider number by July 1st
• 12-24-month full-time commitment*
*We are also willing to consider part-time positions for applicants with non-work-related commitments (e.g., family commitments, PhD study). Please indicate if this applies to you within your application.
To Apply: Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter to our director, Dr. Peter King via email: email@example.com or complete the below form before June 15th, 2022!
The Australian DBT Institute, established in 2004, provides a range of professional development opportunities for Mental Health Professionals seeking to become proficient in dialectical behaviour therapy-informed approaches. Our team is led by experienced DBT clinicians who have received training, mentoring, and development from Marsha Linehan’s team at Behavioral Tech LLC (2004-8). The Australian DBT Institute has led high-fidelity DBT programs since 2004 through the Essentia Health Clinics in Melbourne Victoria, Sydney New South Wales, the Gold Coast Queensland, and online. Our clinical programs have included comprehensive DBT and modified DBT programs for specific populations including youth, carers, Indigenous Australians, correctional settings and psychiatric emergency settings.