2016 DBT Program accepting applications from Mental Health Professionals!
The Australian DBT Institute is offering up to 4 DBT Fellowships at the Essentia Health & Wellbeing Centre location in Highett Victoria. DBT Fellows are qualified Clinical Psychologists, Credentialed Mental Health Nurses, Social Workers, Psychiatrists or Occupational Therapists with a desire to extend their clinical practice in the management of Borderline Personality Disorder and Emotion Dysregulation.
Consumers benefit from the DBT intern program as we offer up to 4 places in each of our programs at a bulk billed rate and through an arrangement with medicare locals to offer our program at a dramatically reduced cost to consumers.
This program is led by Peter King who develops mental health professionals nationally and has set up over 30 DBT programs Australia wide. This is a unique opportunity for clinicians to develop their skills and knowledge in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy and other approaches to management of Borderline Personality Disorder and Emotion Dysregulation.
Additional benefits of being an intern
- Fellows are allocated 4 hours a week of office space at no charge. Fellows can also see their own clients during this allocated time.
- Fellows also have the option to attend any one of Babette Rothschild’s one day workshops in Melbourne, Sydney or Auckland as staff of the workshop organisers in June 2016!
Internship/Fellowship applications close on the 5th October 2015 @ 5pm.
Professional Development Program for Fellows (no additional cost as all included)
- Induction program: Three day workshop “Setting up a Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Informed Program (for DBT Teams)“ on December 7th 8th & 9th, 2015
- Ongoing professional development days (One day workshops) “Individual Therapy in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy“, “Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (Youth)” and “Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (AOD)”
- Babette Rothschild’s workshops in Melbourne, Auckland and Sydney
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Teams Program
- Fortnightly Consultation Meetings
- Fortnightly Supervision
Commitment of Interns to program
- Initial Training in December 2015
- First week of February 2016 until the middle week of December 2016
- Fridays 10am-2pm (2 counselling sessions, Interns Consult Group and fortnightly supervision)
- Co-facilitate each DBT Module once in either the youth or adult program (Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Emotion Regulation, Interpersonal Effectiveness & Middle Path Skills) Youth Program is run Mondays & Fridays 930-1230, Adult Program on Wednesday (12 midday – 2pm) and Adult Program Tuesday nights 6.00-8.00pm.
- Attendance at all professional development opportunities
- Maintain professional registration and standards
- Produce a case study for publication with the support the Australian DBT Institute
Key selection criteria
- Applicants will be accepted from qualified Clinical Psychologist, Credentialed Mental Health Nurse, Social Worker, Psychiatrist, General Practitioner or Occupational Therapist.
- Applicants will have, or be eligible to obtain, a medicare provider number with the ability to provide services under the Better Outcomes initiative
- Have knowledge of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Completed a course in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Clinicians with an interest in becoming trainners/educators with the Australian DBT Institute/Centre for Mental Health Education
Cost of the DBT Internship Program
Option 1: Weekly payments offset through Individual Counselling for DBT program
- Interns commits to 2 Individual Counselling sessions a week (40 sessions with youth and 44 sessions with adults in the DBT program within 12 months). Fees (bulk billed) from each counselling session go towards payment of the internship program.
- Upfront payment of $9,600 (plus GST)
- Interns can generate income from 84 individual counselling sessions at bulk billed rate and have access to 4 hours of room hire at no cost!
- Applications due on the 5th October 2015
- Send your resume and a letter to email@example.com providing an overview of your experience and interest in becoming a fellow at the Australian DBT Institute from our Melbourne location in Highett.
- Interviews before the 8th October at the Essentia Health & Wellbeing Centre in Highett.
- The Australian DBT Institute reserves the right to interview and select applicants before the submission date on the 5th October
For more information about the DBT Internship Program please contact Peter King on 03 9090 7221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Australian DBT Institute, established in 2004, provides a range of professional development opportunities for Mental Health Professionals seeking to become proficient in dialectical behaviour therapy-informed approaches. Our team is led by experienced DBT clinicians who have received training, mentoring, and development from Marsha Linehan’s team at Behavioral Tech LLC (2004-8). The Australian DBT Institute has led high-fidelity DBT programs since 2004 through the Essentia Health Clinics in Melbourne, Sydney and Online. Our clinical programs have included comprehensive DBT and modified DBT programs for specific populations including youth, carers, Indigenous Australians, correctional settings and psychiatric emergency settings.